The invitation for the resident monks of the Sri Saddhatissa International Buddhist Centre to observe the rainy season retreat took place on Sunday 9 July 2017, after the Esala FullMoon Poya Day. Dr and Mrs M.P. Silva and family extended the invitation to Aggamahapandita Galayaye Piyadassi Sangha Nayaka Thero and Five the resident monks at the ceremony attended by a crowd of devotees. Ven. (Dr) HanduPelpola Mahinda Nayaka Thero spoke about the Significance of Vas, in Sinhalese. Ven. Nepal Sumana explained it in English especially for the younger generation present
The Atavisi Pujava will take place on 14th October 2017 and the Katina ceremony on 15th October 2017. The devotees will be staging Navaarahadhi Pujas until 8th October 2017.
You may also like related article:
- A Buddhist Nun’s Ordination in London
- Ven. Thiththagalle Anandasiri Thera at Kingsbury Temple
- “DHAMMASSAWANA” Monthly Dhamma Sermon at London Buddhist Vihara
- London Buddhsit Vihara Monthly Dhamma Talk
- SPECIAL PUBLICATION FELICITATING AGGAMAHAPANDITHA VEN. GALAYAYE PIYADASSI NAYAKA THERO’S 70thBIRTHDAY