Jethavana Buddhist Vihara had organised a series of meritorious deeds to celebrate Vesak on a grand scale on 14th of May 2017 under the guidance of Chief incumbent, most venerable, Keppetiyagoda Gunawansa nayaka thero. Vesak commemorates the three most important milestones in the life of Gautama Buddha, His birth, enlightenment and Parinirvana The spiritual sil programme was started at 07.30am and ended at 03.00pm, many devotees took part in it.
The newly built up stupa at temple premise was opened after enshrining relics of Lord Buddha with pooja items and Swarnamali stupa vandana was held from 04.00p.m to 05.30p.m with the participation of resident monks and a great gathering. All events were very successful with a great gathering.
You may also like related article:
- A Buddhist Nun’s Ordination in London
- Ven. Thiththagalle Anandasiri Thera at Kingsbury Temple
- “DHAMMASSAWANA” Monthly Dhamma Sermon at London Buddhist Vihara
- London Buddhsit Vihara Monthly Dhamma Talk
- SPECIAL PUBLICATION FELICITATING AGGAMAHAPANDITHA VEN. GALAYAYE PIYADASSI NAYAKA THERO’S 70thBIRTHDAY