The children’s Vesak programme at the London Buddhist Vihara was held on the Saturday 13th May.
Many children from the Rahula Dhamma school observed Atasil, Eight precepts and participated the Buddha Puja, Buddha Vandana, Dhana, Meditation, listening to Dhamma Sermon and Pirith Chanting programmes.
The Eight Precepts are based on the Five Precepts, with the third precept extended to prohibiting all pleasurable activities such as singing, dancing, using make up etc; and an additional three precepts that are especially supportive to meditation practice.
Ven. Thawalama Bandula Thera, principal of the Rahula Dhamma school and Ven. Kalugamuwe Kassapa Thera took part in presenting the religious activities.
Teachers of the Dhamma School and parents of the children helped in other arrangements of the programme.
You may also like related article:
- [Updated] Death Notice of Mr. Gamini Gunawardena
- All Night Chanting Ceremony 2017 at Jethavana Buddhist Vihara, Birmingham
- 33rd Annual Blue & Gold Ball(2016), Old Royalists’ Association in…
- Sri Lankan Flag Flies high at the “International Unity Parade”…
- Vesak celebration at Jethavana Buddhist Vihara,Birmingham, 2017