Mahamevnawa International Meditation Centre in the UK organise monthly Sil and Dhamma Programmes for Children in Basildon, Watford, New Malden, Hounslow and other centres in the UK. As the Saturday 12th March was the Madin Full Moon day a special programme was held in Watford with a large number of devotees attending.
Madin Poya Day is important in the Buddhist calendar as it was on this day that the Buddha, along with a retinue of 20,000 disciples, traveled from Veluwanaaramaya monastery in Rajagaha to Kimbulwathpura, to see his old father King Suddodana, Princess Yasodhara, son Rahula, relations, friends and the people of the Kingdom.
Mahamevnawa International Meditation Centre in the UK has started Sinhala lessons in the following centres. In Watford Sinhala classes are held on every second Sunday of the month from 1.30 to 4.30 p.m. In Basildon classes are held on 1st Sunday of the month from 3.30 to 4.30 p.m. and 3rd Sunday of the month from 4.00 to 5.00 p.m. In these classes children are tutored on reading, writing, speaking and listening correctly in Sinhala language.
You may also like related article:
- All Night Chanting Ceremony 2017 at Jethavana Buddhist Vihara, Birmingham
- Vesak celebration at Jethavana Buddhist Vihara,Birmingham, 2017
- PPA Visakha (UK) Celebrates Visakha Vidyalaya’s Centenary 1917-2017
- “Kavi Bana” At London Buddhist Vihara
- Historical Importance of the Mahavamsa in Buddhism – Sri Saddhatissa…