Under the able guidance of the head of the Vihara Most Ven. Parawahera Chandarathana Nayaka Thera, the annual Kathina Pinkama at the Paris International Buddhist Centre was held on the October 22nd Sunday. This was the 28th consecutive Kathina celebrations held at the Paris Vihara.
Two main Vietnamese devotees with the support of Sri Lankan, Laotian, French, Bangladeshi, Cambodian, Chinese and Thai devotees sponsored this year’s event.
Head of the Paris Jethavana Buddhist Vihara Most Ven, Murungasyaye Gnaanissara Nayaka Thero, Former religious teacher at the Annand Vidyalaya Colombo and the present Head of the Vijayaraamaya in Suwarapola Ven. Wepathaira Hemaloka Thero, Ven, Borelle Kowida Thero, Resident monks at the Paris International Buddhist Centre Ven. Mapalagama Jinaananda Thero and Ven.Kendawinne Rahula Thero, Ven. Kahaththewela Sugathasiri Thero from Nice Buddhist Vihara, Vietnamese Monk Ven. Sammamagga Thero and a Bangladeshi monk Ven. Buddhapriya Thero with a large number of devotees from various communities attended this year’s Kathina pinkama.
You may also like related article:
- Mawpiya vandana programme at Birmingham, Jethavana Buddhist Vihara 2018
- Nawam Poya Day at London Buddhist Vihara
- Memorial Service for Ven. Prof. Bellanwila Wimalarathana Anu Nayaka Thero
- Letchworth Buddhist Temple Celebrated The 70th National Independence Day Sunday…
- Kathina Celebrations at Jethavana Buddhist Vihara, Birmingham 2017